A Little About Us
Creating the largest Canadian independent mortgage marketplace - that’s what M3 Tech is all about.
M3-Tech is a Fintech, proud to be part of the M3 Group and serving over 8000+ independent brokers providing $50+ Billion in mortgage origination. With already over 30 M3 Techies already on board and offices in Montréal, Toronto and Vancouver, we believe in combining creativity and new technologies to deliver innovative solutions to our industry. We are focused on making our mark by providing the best mortgage experience for mortgage borrowers, brokers and lenders.
M3 Tech is looking for a unique individual who is motivated and eager to join an exciting, growing organization and become Senior Lead Developer – B2C Solutions. Your Mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to lead the team of software developers who are responsible for to deliver a top-notch consumer experience (web and mobile) that is aligned with the company strategic direction. To do so, you will create a culture of excellence while developing, growing and coaching a team of developers and working deeply with them to achieve their potential in in designing and developing solutions.
• Define and own the team’s roadmap in partnership with product management.
• Enable and support others to work on the software and services that power our platform by reviewing pull requests, ensuring quality, and guiding others towards user-first outcomes
• Occasionally contribute directly to the product and participate in hands-on software development when required
• Drive day-to-day execution and delivery of tasks and leading the project team with agile methodology, motivating your team by explaining how their work relates to the wider business objectives
• Work with Scrum Master and Product team to ensure timely delivery of releases in scheduled Scrum sprints
• Select, develop, and evaluate team members as well as cultivate a high performing team by building skills through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development
• Contribute to architecture, implementation and support decisions
• Manage software development KPIs and create reports for senior leadership team
• Participate in review meetings to determine status, identify problem areas and suggest corrective actions
• Act as lead during high priority escalations
The Must Haves
- At least 5 years of experience in Software Development of Consumer Applications (Web and Mobile) and a minimum of three as the technical lead
- Experience with service-oriented architectures, data analytics, CI/CD tools and Agile development practices
- An understanding of traditional relational database concepts and other emerging DB technologies such as Casandra and Mongo DB.
- Experience in developing and using a REST API back-end system
- Good knowledge of web and mobile technologies
- Capacity to bring the team together on common objectives.
- Active listening skills and empathy towards your team members
- The ability to be a team mentor, to lead by example, and to build trust and solid relationships
- Strong collaboration and communication skills in French and English.
The Nice to Haves
· Experience in a start-up and fast paced environment is a big plus
· Knowledge of Consumer Analytics Platforms (e.g., Google Analytics)
· College or university degree preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience
· Knowledge of Git/ Github/ Bitbucket tools or similar software
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits
Becoming a M3 Techie Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a Fintech company and doing what you love every day get you soexcited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter