Position Title: Technical Lead
Reports to: VP Development B2C Solutions
Creating the largest Canadian independent mortgage marketplace - that’s what M3 Tech is all about.
M3-Tech is a Fintech, proud to be part of the M3 Group and serving over 8300+ independent brokers providing $60+ Billion in mortgage origination. With already over 60 M3 Techies already on board and offices in Montréal, Toronto and Vancouver, we believe in combining creativity and new technologies to deliver innovative solutions to our industry. We are focused on making our mark by providing the best mortgage experience for mortgage borrowers, brokers and lenders.
About the position
M3 Tech is looking for an organized and motivated person willing to join a passionate and growing organization to become a Technical Lead. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, will be to manage a team by guiding them technically, pushing for technical excellence and addressing important technical debt, and owning the quality of the final output of the team.
If you are recognized for your technical leadership and your passion about developing impactful, high-performance applications using up-to-date technologies and patterns., then this job is for you. An aptitude to communicate with technical and non-technical teams and balance multiple projects and priorities are fundamental.
• Design and implement highly visible B2C features and applications.
• Deploy testable code with performance, maintainability, and scale in mind.
• Mentor team members and guide them toward consistent, logical coding and software design patterns.
• Lead the development and deployment of new features with the team.
• Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback while sharing your knowledge with other members of the team.
• Support the long-term organization-wide technical initiatives by facilitating the adoption of technical best practices within the team.
• Participate actively in Scrum ceremonies.
• Work in collaboration with the product owner to define backlog items.
The Must Haves
• At least 5 years of experience as a Front-end Developer and a minimum of 3 years as a technical lead.
• Mastery in React development, TypeScript, and Agile process.
• Experience with styled components.
• Experience using/implementing CI & CD.
• Experience with GIT, RESTful and SOAP APIs, NodeJS and with Devops & infrastructure.
• Excellent knowledge of web and mobile technologies.
• Active listening skills and empathy towards your team members.
• The ability to lead by example, and to build trust and solid relationships.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills in French and English.
The Nice to Haves
• Experience in a start-up and fast paced environment is a big plus.
• Experience with Azure, Wordpress and functional programming.
• Knowledge of Consumer Analytics Platforms (e.g., Google Analytics).
• College or university degree preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience.
• Competitive salary
• Complete benefits
Become a M3 Techy
Do you come from the same fiber as us? Does the thought of working for a Fintech company and doing what you love every day excite you so much that you want to scream: Awesome! Send us your CV and motivation letter.